Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Day Forty-Two Looks Behind; 24 Looking Ahead

Today might as well start off by telling what I didn't do, which would be anything having to do with my goals. I didn't jog, didn't Curve, didn't write, didn't golf, and didn't accomplish anything on my list because there was no list.

What did I do? I got my hair done. I made a quilt. I watered the plants. I ate fairly reasonably. I took a nap.

I also had a gastro-intestinal disturbance this morning. I think my stomach was literally turning over, as if it wanted to position itself somewhere else in my abdomen. It pretty much took the balance of most of my morning. The good news is that I prayed to God, He healed me, and it was over.

I managed to recover by noon for my hair appointment. Afterwards, I shopped at REI and purchased a water bottle waist belt holder contraption for the 3-Day. Lynnette has already deemed her fanny pack a success, so I am hoping that this new thing will work for me.

It has been a pretty quiet day. Truthfully, I have to question my dedication to the Sixty-Six Days on a day like today. Am I really serious about these goals? If I am, then why am I letting a day pass by with no visible effort to work on my goals, especially in light of the dwindling number of days left?

I always come back to the same answer. Today I did what seemed right for today. Sure, I wished I could say that I played another round of golf, or ran two miles, or wrote several stories. But I didn't do any of those things. I took another break day. I'm not disappointed in anything I did or didn't do today. I'm glad today played out as it did. Today I did what was best for me, which was exactly the right thing to do for today.

No comments: