Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Day Forty-Three Itches; 23 Waiting to Scratch

August 1. When I was little, this was my favorite day of the year, because it was the beginning of my birthday month. I could count down the days until my birthday. I think I got confused and thought today was my birthday, judging by the ice cream I consumed tonight!!

Today was not a good food day. I was fine until about 3:00 this afternoon, when I decided I was hungry. I had been given a garden-fresh tomato, and I had some chicken, so I decided to have a delicious sandwich. When there was half a tomato and some chicken leftover, I decided to have another!! Yes, they were absolutely wonderful. Yes, I feel bad about eating two sandwiches. Yes, I thought eating the ice cream was a logical next step. I was misinformed. Oh well, looks like I'll be attending Power Hour tomorrow!!

I did work out during the Power Hour at Curves today, and later walked two miles. This Sunday is the NYC Half Marathon. I could attempt to rationalize the excess in food consumption. But the fact is that I ate too much today. I know I should have just left the house and gotten away from the food, but I didn't. I chose the wrong action. Realizing my error in judgement and the resulting poor choice is a small step in the right direction - hopefully next time I will act instead of eat.

Otherwise today was a fairly routine day - I accomplished several things (including making my daily list) but still have several things that didn't get done.

Tomorrow is a new day, full of new efforts, new struggles, new accomplishments, and new focus. Maybe that's the best part of today - to make mistakes, realize how to avoid the same mistakes, and to get back on track, realizing I still have a ways to go.

No comments: