Thursday, July 12, 2007

Day Twenty-Three Is Sewn Up; 43 Unraveling

I think today was all about my food management. At least, that's what I'm claiming.

It started at a reasonable hour. I got dressed to jog and had a granola bar for breakfast. My father-in-law is visiting, and was planning to eat breakfast at the Pancake Pantry with the rest of the family. I was not going to attend so I could walk long without a lot of questions and worry on his part. He decided he wanted to walk down the street, and not wanting him to get lost, I went with him. We walked about a half mile, and then came back. He and Steve went off to breakfast.

My plan for a long walk was working until I walked out the door. That's when Beagle, the stray dog, came wagging up. Beagle was extremely friendly, and obviously not where she should be. I didn't want to compound her problems by having her walk with me further into the unknown, so I kept hanging around the house, hoping that she would get bored and wander back home. Beagle was not interested. She would go to the back, and when I started out the front, here she would come again.

So, no jogging. Soon Molly and GDizzle came home. Molly played with Beagle for awhile, until she had to go home to pack. Since GDiz was back at the house, I knew there would be no jogging today. Stressor #1.

I changed into regular clothes (for me) and proceeded to attempt to entertain GDiz (Stressor #2) until 10:00. I planned to pick up Molly for transport to the airport with Steve, for their trip to San Francisco. At the appointed time, GDiz and I picked Molly up, then toured around Nashville until 11:00, when I knew Steve would be returning home for a quick lunch before the airport run.

Steve came home. I fixed them sandwiches,while I had leftover spaghetti. We went to the airport, leaving Beagle. GDiz and I returned home, where he took a nap until 2:00. I had until 4:00 to entertain some more (Stressor #3) until Sam took over. Meanwhile, the neighbor, her friend, and the other neighbor were still trying to figure out what to do with Beagle (Stressor #4).

GDiz and I went to Home Depot to buy a rain gauge, which they were out of, so we went to Wal Mart (Stressor #5). We purchased said rain gauge, and returned home to install it, at which time the next shift took over. Neighbor called to ask for any news about Beagle, since her company was concerned about Beagle, and talk of calling the pound came up (Stressor #6). Meanwhile, the plan was hatched for me to drive GDiz home tomorrow, a trip of 5 hours each way, just me and GDiz (Stressor #7-infinity).

The point of this whole story is that today was an outwardly cool, yet inwardly stressful day. I could have eaten everything in my kitchen, topped off with chocolate sauce. But I did not do it. I did eat - raisins, apples, turkey, and butter beans. Yes, I did eat under stress, which is not what I want to do. But I did eat healthy and semi-intelligently. I think this is a step forward.

However, the aforementioned trip is tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.

By the way, this morning I weighed, and I have lost 3 pounds. Yay me. Now that's motivation!!

No comments: