Thursday, July 26, 2007

Day Thirty-Seven Is Washed and Dried; 29 In the Hamper

Thursday. What can I report about today? I managed to Curve, but didn't walk. I made out my daily list, but it was very short. I wrote some stuff, but it didn't have to do with my book. I tried on some pants, but they didn't fit.

Speaking of pants not fitting, can I just vent for a moment?

Why can a person comfortably wear a certain size in one brand and look like a stuffed pig in the exact same size of another brand? I think this is evil and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Thank you for that moment. I am not pacified, but my bad karma has been expelled. It may reappear in 29 days, as I shall be seeking a pair of pants to squeeze in to.

Anyhow, there has been some success today. Tomorrow is weigh day, which will probably also be known as Black Friday. But I will leave that discussion for tomorrow.

Today's success was as follows: Tomorrow I shall be starting a new exercise which shall be known as kicking myself in my own butt to get myself motivated. Knowing this, I could have tied one on tonight. Knowing that tomorrow I was going to have to really step up my exercise/eating efforts, my first thought was, "Well, let's just go eat a Big Mac Deal, super-size. After all, we're getting serious tomorrow." This was, of course, after my dinner. But I prevailed. I drove past McD's, straight to Starbucks.

Again, the Evil Eat It All Voice in my head said, "Get the grande size - it's only two more points, and besides tomorrow, you are going to really get with it." Again, I said no, and got the tall size.

Finally, at home watching tv, the EEIAV said, "Get a snack. Eat a cheese and mayonnaise sandwich or two. Pop some popcorn. Tomorrow you will work it off." I did none of those things. I did eat three pretzels, which is acceptable. I managed to say no to food. I do believe I made a step forward in my choosing food goal. Yay me.

The next few days and weeks are going to be arduous and stressful. Lynnette and I have a huge training weekend ahead. I think the days I've had recently have given me a chance to get ready. I hope so, because things are about to get busy.


No comments: