Friday, July 27, 2007

Day Thirty-Eight Gets A New Driver's License; 28 With Only Permits

Today wasn't so bad. I jogged (yes, jogged) two miles, then went to Curves. It was my lucky day, because I was in time for Power Hour!! So, I got to sweat twice today. I did weigh - and have lost one more pound. I know you mathematicians are figuring how much I have to lose in the four weeks I have left - good for you. My weight loss can be done, although not with the Cheetos appetizer, main course, and dessert I had tonight, followed by a hamburger and brownie. I was carbo-loading for tomorrow's training walk with Lynnette - at least that's what I'm telling myself now.

I got my driver's license renewed today, complete with a new picture. The good news is that I do look better than I do on my previous license. At least now maybe the people who must examine it will stop looking at the license, then at me, then at the license, then at me, then say, "You sure have changed since then."

I also potted plants today, went to the recycle bins, purchased some groceries, and made brownies and fudge and sent them to Maribeth, who has made it to New Hampshire.

After dinner, Lynnette and I drove all over Nashville in order to come up with a 18-mile route for tomorrow's mega-walk. We believe we have one that should be interesting. Or ridiculous. It's good that we only have four weeks left - our common sense is beginning to take over our philanthropic sense. Four weeks from this moment, after we have done a 20-mile day, and are sleeping on the ground in a tent, I'm not sure we will have any sense left at all.

As far as my sixty-six days go, I have four weeks left. Am I getting nervous? Not really. Am I concerned that I may not make all my goals? Not yet. Am I as committed as ever to the remaining goals? Yes, because they have become part of my life, not just things to check off a list. I realize I still have a lot of work ahead of me. But I am even more committed to achieving these goals in order to make some changes in my life.

Four weeks from today I will be 50 years old. I plan to be thinner, faster, smarter, and a better golfer. It sounds like a great way to start the next 50 years.

No comments: