Sunday, July 22, 2007

Day Thirty-Three Rolls Doubles; 33 Shaking the Dice

There are days God likes to demonstrate his sense of humor. I mean, here I am, at the middle point of this project, and here I am, in the middle of nowhere.

By nowhere, I am referring to the Inn at Fall Creek Falls. I do not camp, nor do I care to camp. Maribeth can have it. Just driving through the woods convinced me that my sleeping in a lean-to or tent should never happen.

I am staying in The Inn. This "hotel" is for city folks who don't camp. However, I believe they want you to feel as close to camping as you can. My room is fine - two beds with sheets, a telephone, a color television (I believe), a bathroom with toilet and six-foot long counter, and a balcony overlooking the lake.

However, there is no cell service, and the wireless connection is in the lobby. This is where I am, observing three golfer men watching and interacting with "To Kill A Predator", and listening to a family with four teenagers having an animated conversation about tattoos and body piercings.

I have already had dinner, which was at the Inn Restaurant. Basically, you could have fried meat, a burger, or the buffet. I chose the salad bar (one trip price) and a Diet Dr. Pepper. Total bill: $5.85. Two of the best parts: hearing the waiter pop open the DDP cans to fill my drink order, and when you go to the cashier, she asks you (in a quiet voice) if you want to add a tip. You tell her how much, and she adds it to your credit card. My waiter got a nice tip - he did have to open TWO cans.

Anyhow, I do believe this is the place for me. With no cell service, it should be very quiet. And with the Internet connection a hassle, I don't think I will be wasting time surfing the net. So, I should get a lot of writing, introspection, and rest. There also appears to be lots of hiking, fishing, and other outdoor activities. I hope they sell tick spray somewhere.

Along with his humor, I also love God's sense of timing. Why else would he impress on me to go away now? Could it be because this happens to be the half-way point? Could it be that He knows I need some quiet time at this point?

Today I realize how good God is. He is in this project with me, and is taking care of details. He has provided me with a quiet place to be, full of His beautiful creation. He has provided me with natural entertainment - people. I have the opportunity to listen, observe, and learn.

Today is the beginning of an adventure that is an important step in my sixty-six days. Today is the end of the first half, and the beginning of the second half. Today has been a memorable day for ending and beginning.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

your new posted picture reminded me that I have not seen that shirt since our cruise- did you take it home? I miss that shirt and that fake tan.

Luanne said...

I have MY shirt - maybe Rachel stole yours - I KNOW how much she likes Disney shirts!