Sunday, July 15, 2007

Day Twenty-Six Races By; 40 Getting Gassed Up

Today started at 5:30 am when that evil task-master Lynnette showed up for our training walk. We trudged our 12 miles, with our legs completing the final mile strictly on auto-pilot. In appreciation to our lower extremities, we have eliminated the word "walk" from our vocabulary tomorrow.

After we returned to Crestridge, Lynnette napped on the floor and then woke up and showered. I cleaned out the birdbath and refilled the feeders, then started preparing lunch. I managed to get a shower before our lunch guests, Sam and their house guests Jolynna, Ben, Bennett and Johanna, joined the rest-fest.

I spent the rest of the afternoon hobbling around the house, and sitting/sleeping wherever I found a place to perch. One of the sitting spells resulted in two stories being written - a small yet significant step forward for my book goal.

As of this writing, I am weary but I am content. I am sore but I am joyful. I am tired, but I am thankful. Today is a day where physically I have nothing left. But every ache and tired muscle reminds me that I am indeed alive, and I have a wonderful life filled with great blessings.

Today I thank God for every part of this life, and the love with which He has given it to me. Today is a good day.

2 comments:

lynnette said...

evil task-master. i love the new title. :) for lunch today, i went to a restaurant along our route and shuddered just a bit. i am thrilled not to be walking today.

Luanne said...

A few more walks like this weekend, and I would imagine your titles will become quite colorful!!