Monday, August 6, 2007

Day Forty-Eight Soaks In The Tub; 18 Running the Water

If you want to see a graphic based on my race yesterday, you can type my name in here. The cartoon girl looks much better than I did yesterday! As for today, I'm not sure there's a muscle NOT weary in my body.

About mid-morning, I soaked in the tub for about half an hour. Afterward I could move much easier. However, it wasn't too long before the aches crept back in. I'm hoping tomorrow I will be back to normal. I chose not to walk or Curve today - I mostly ate and took naps.

Yes, I ate - pizza and ice cream. I figured today was a let-down day. I needed to be down a bit about the race, and eat with abandon. So, I did. It probably wasn't the best move, but I did it anyway. I just needed a day with no real agenda - just to indulge.

Tomorrow I will assess this project and get back on track. It's amazing how this journey has changed. When I started, I saw my goals and just assumed I would work toward them until they were met. I never considered the difference in days - how some would be so productive, some barely productive or not productive at all, and a few that would be counter-productive. I can see now how each day has its place in the picture as a whole.

Today I am tired. My feet hurt from time to time, my muscles don't want to stretch, and I feel like my body is retaining water for fear that it will get dehydrated. I hope with another good night's sleep, I will feel better tomorrow, ready to go after the remaining goals.

No comments: