Thursday, August 9, 2007

Day Fifty-One Forms a Sentence; 15 Searching For Words

I'm not sure what I did today, but I certainly stayed busy. I walked, started and completed a day-long project, ran a few errands, did a bit of shopping, and ate dinner with Sam, Lynnette, and Molly. It's been one of those days that just flew by, and I feel like I just sat on the sidelines, watching it go.

I've already started on my list of things to do tomorrow. Then on Saturday, Lynnette and I have 17 miles to walk, probably starting at 5:00 a.m. With such a challenging Friday and Saturday, I hereby declare Sunday a day-long break day. I'm not sure what that means, but it sure sounds good.

When a day like today rushes past so quickly, I am prone to just let it pass almost unnoticed. But to do so would seemingly render today pointless. I don't believe a day in my life should go by without my determining its value. So what gifts did today give me?

I found out that Pam is really an interesting and funny person. I got to witness Shaggy getting Lynnette's attention with his "paw to the face" routine. I actually started and completed a project in one day, including procurement of needed supplies. I ordered some new shirts from Talbots that were on sale, and got a great deal. I got a new purse (although the jury is still out as to whether it is in style or not). I got a hotel reservation for my preferred choice for the Disney Marathon in January. I ordered an excellent entree for dinner. I tried the new Dippin Dots wanna-be ice cream, and determined it to be adequate.

When I read this list, I can see that today had quite a bit packed in to it. Had I not stopped to think about today, I would have lost sight of its blessings. I'm thankful I paused to consider today - otherwise I might have missed the fact that today was most certainly a good day.

No comments: