Sunday, August 12, 2007

Day Fifty-Four Eats Too Much; 12 Researching Diets

Today turned out to be "Eat A Bunch of Food" day. Molly, Scout, and I went to the Cheesecake Factory and ate. And ate and ate and ate. It was delicious, and I can't say I regret anything I ordered. However, I do question the idea of ordering so much food for one meal. There was only one thing to do after gorging ourselves - that would be to nap.

Unfortunately, I did not get to partake in the napping process, as I had a few tasks to complete. I also wanted to watch Tiger win the PGA Championship , hoping his skills would somehow transcend the television and soak into my being. While I don't think that happened, I did enjoy watching him play.

Now it is the end of the day, and I must say I am fairly satisfied with the way today turned out. I didn't get everything done I wanted to do, but I completed several projects that were meaningful to me. I didn't get a nap, but I should sleep well tonight (provided Shaggy the Cat decides to stay out all night). I didn't make any significant progress towards my goals, but I enjoyed a day free from focusing about them.

Tomorrow is Monday, and I have a lot of tasks planned, both related to my goals and to my life in general. I want to decide which of the eight are going to be life-long pursuits, and spend the remaining twelve days finding ways to incorporate these ideas into my daily life. I am seeing that these sixty-six days have developed many meanings, and it's time I started examining what those meanings are.

Today I did some things I enjoy and wanted to do. What a good way to spend the day.

No comments: