Monday, August 20, 2007

Day Sixty-Two Celebrates an Anniversary; 4 Waiting to Celebrate A Birthday

Today was not my day of choice. Why? Because I spent most of the day running around attempting to accomplish two major projects. It was basically an administrative day.

I spent most of the day on the phone with Sprint/Nextel attempting to convince them that they were billing MB for a phone she disconnected two months ago. I ended up talking with four different employees who continued to send me to the next individual, disconnecting me in the process. When I would call back, I would hold for at least thirty minutes listening to music, then tell my phone story again to the new person (who may or may not be familiar with the English language). The good news is that the phone story has come to an end and MB has been freed from her phone bondage.

Today was also an automotive repair day. I went to the Firestone place, then the dealership, then back to the Firestone place. My tire with the screw in it (and only 5000 miles on it) cannot be repaired, and must be replaced. But the tire has to be brought in from another store, so this saga will carry on until tomorrow.

I did get other tasks completed, including procuring a safe deposit box, finishing my 3-Day sash and extra t-shirt, arranging and rearranging hotels for the night before and after the 3-Day, and other various errands. I did not Curve or walk, and consumed entirely too many salt and vinegar potato chips at Molly's.

Steve and I did play my 10th (and final for this project) round of golf. I played better than yesterday, actually hitting a few good shots. It was a good afternoon, especially since the weather was decent. One more goal accomplished.

Today was busy at times, frustrating at times, tiring at times, productive at times, encouraging at times, discouraging at times, and rewarding at times. Just another ordinary day.

August 20 is our anniversary. Steve and I have been married 30 years. Just like today, the past 30 years have been busy, frustrating, tiring, productive, encouraging, discouraging, and rewarding. Through it all, God has blessed me.

I am thankful to know whether it is 30 years, or 66 days, or just 24 hours, God is right beside me.

No comments: