Saturday, August 18, 2007

Day Sixty Waiting for Completion; 6 Hurrying to Join Their Mates

Today Lynnette and I completed our final long training walk - our last 10 miles before the 3-Day. The weather was not unbearably hot, and a breeze blew through every now and then. We believe God gave us the good weather because our attitudes were a bit on the sour side. In other words, we are glad to be done, and are looking forward to our experience next weekend.

After the walk, we joined Sam, Molly, Scout, and Jenny for lunch. Molly is watching all 10 seasons of Friends in a week (part of a bet). I guess that's what 21-year-olds do. Meanwhile, Maribeth is still walking the AT, now with a ferret in tow. I guess that's what 23-year-olds do. I'm thinking being a 50-year-old is looking pretty good.

I spent tonight working on my book. As of this post, I have titles for all the remaining stories - I just have to finish them. I have six days to write, but having the titles (and accompanying ideas) is a huge step forward.

I did eat a bit today. I'm not extremely proud of that, but I'll keep working on it. Fatigue was my excuse today - so I've got to come up with a plan for coping. Hmm - maybe a nap instead of a cupcake?

I'm hoping for decent weather tomorrow so I can get in a round of golf. With only two rounds left, I may have to suck it up and play in the oven I call outside.

The days are slipping by, but I'm still working. That's what 50-year-olds do.

No comments: