Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Day Forty-Nine Gets Fertilized; 17 Waiting to Grow

High point of today? Getting my "Welcome to AARP card." Apparently they want me so much, that they sent me my card BEFORE I turned 50. The rest of my day certainly was dull compared to that.

I waited all morning for the cable guy to show up and fix the Internet. Since I couldn't leave the house, I decided to fertilize all my outdoor plants. This involved numerous fillings of the watering can, mixing the blue powder, sprinkling, then refilling to sprinkle some more. Tedious. I finished pretty much drenched in fertilizer, but managed to change clothes before Cable Dude arrived. He surfaced at 11:30, and a mere three hours later, he was done. The rest of my day was spent getting MB's May-expired car tags updated, picking up Steve's prescription from Walgreen's, preparing dinner, and clean-up. Certainly nothing to write home (or here) about!

So what did I get from today? Obviously, I needed another recovery day. I had planned to walk and Curve, but my schedule didn't allow that. While I am able to walk upright today, another day off probably was a wiser choice.

I also got my plants fertilized, which was needed. If I had been off running here and there, I would have just ignored an important task. I will enjoy healthier plants in the months to come.

Today was pretty much just mindless - I didn't have to think about my goals, or stew over ones I haven't met or may not meet, or obsess about what I need to do to meet the remaining ones. I'm seven weeks into this project, with just over two weeks left. I'm not stressed - just curious about how the next seventeen days will unfold.

No comments: