Friday, August 17, 2007

Day Fifty-Nine Endures the Heat; 7 Waiting for Cooler Weather

Today's plan was to do nothing but write. My first order of business was to further refine my 3-Day visor by sewing on parts of a hat Marilyn sent me:
I think it turned out pretty cool. I am sure to be the hit of the walk on August 24!

Once my sewing project was complete, I started writing. I took a short break to run errands and to attend the Cool People Care anniversary party. Today was successful - as of this posting, I have 22 stories written.

On another front, most of today I fantasized about a Big Mac and/or a Quarter Pounder meal, complete with fries. However, I managed to resist. How? By thinking logically and clearly, and not rushing out to purchase the above mentioned food. I forced myself to stop and breathe, knowing those burgers were not in my best interest. I refused to rationalize such a food choice and I didn't go into denial about the whole situation and make a McDonald's run. I did good.

Now it is late, and I must get to bed. The good news is that Lynnette and I have to walk only 10 miles tomorrow, so we get to sleep in until 6:30. One week from today, we will have finished our first 20-mile day. It's hard to believe that I have only seven days left. I am making progress - we'll just see where I end up.

No comments: