Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Day Fifty Works Out; 16 Still Stretching

My victory for today is that I did manage to get back to Curves. I was apprehensive, but it actually worked out well. I got there in time for Power Hour, and it helped to work out the residual stiffness from Sunday. Early this morning I also walked two miles, albeit very slowly. Later in the day I accomplished several errands and completed a few tasks. I guess I'm getting back on track.

My days on this project are quickly diminishing. With the days I've had off this week and the disappointment from Sunday, I could easily quit this whole idea. But today I was reading about Paul and his talk about Abraham and faith. Because of their faith, Abraham and Sarah had a child, even though they were WAY too old. Abraham believed God, and God provided. It became clear to me that this sixty-six days is about faith. Faith in myself, and faith in God.

At this point, I could decide to start over, or start a new set of goals, or just abandon the whole project. But if I have the faith to keep going, then I believe everything will work out as it should. So I will continue. With only 16 days remaining, my time is short. But I am going to continue to work towards my goals. I will continue to believe that it will all work out as it should.

In 16 days, I will look back over these sixty-six days and celebrate the changes in my life. I don't know how many of my eight goals will have been met. But I do know that each goal will have caused a change in me. Maybe those changes are the true goals I seek.

No comments: