Saturday, August 11, 2007

Day Fifty-Three Catches Up; 13 Still Dilly-Dallying

Today started early. Lynnette and I had planned to start walking at 5:00 a.m., so when I awoke and saw the time was 4:00 a.m., I decided to go ahead, get up, and get ready. An hour later, we headed out. Neither of us really wanted to walk, but wouldn't say so. We just kept walking mile after mile. It was not pretty. At our Circle K stop, Lynnette got chocolate milk, and I got a 32 oz fountain drink. This certainly was not the snack of champions, but it refreshed us enough after nine miles to continue walking the remaining eight. Needless to say, we were thrilled when we finished, and even more thrilled when Molly and Scout brought lunch. The best news is that we've both made our goals, and today was the last long training walk!!

After lunch, the gang left, and I got busy doing all the paperwork tasks that have been piling up. I also got a few sewing projects completed. As of this moment, I am pretty much caught up, which is a good thing, since tomorrow is "Take It Easy Day." I'm still not sure what that means, but I think having no plan IS the plan.

Today was a day of accomplishments. Some were more difficult than others, some had been on the books longer than others, and some were quickly completed and checked off the list. But each one was important, because it had a part in making today the good day that it turned out to be.

No comments: