Saturday, August 4, 2007

Day Forty-Six Goes Uptown on the Number 1 Train; 20 Waiting on the Platform

Day 2 in New York - we slept in, which was nice. We got up and made it to Chinatown, where we got a new things. After lunch in Greenwich Village, we made it back to the hotel in time for a nap. We had dinner at B.B. Kings in Times Square (part of our hotel package), walked around a bit, and are back. Tomorrow starts early, as we have to be in the lobby at 5 am to catch the bus to the race start.

Am I a little stressed? Yes. Although I purchased an ankle support, I am still a little wary of the ankle. Two days of walking around in the heat aren't exactly refreshing. A week ago, I had walked 18 miles, to be followed by 13 the next day. Am I physically ready? Who knows. Am I emotionally and mentally ready? I rarely am.

So where does this leave me? All that I am sure of is this: I know God will be running this race with me. I know I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I know if I truly give this race to God, He will bless it, and the outcome will ultimately be what it should be. Therefore, this is my race plan: to do the best I can, run the race, and leave it to God.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: