Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Eight in 66

I bet you're wondering what these goals are. Solve world hunger and achieve world peace? Run for office? Enter the Olympics? Sorry, no.

My goals aren't quite as global. However, since you asked, they are as follows:

1. Weigh less than ###. For you, that means less than I did when I was nine months pregnant with my first child, which is less than my current weight. Which is greater than it was a month ago, before I went on my two-week cruise of gluttony. Whatever. I do have an exact number in mind, which I shall let you know. In sixty-six days.

2. Finish writing one 30-story book. Since I am in the middle of writing two such books, I am hoping to finish one. For the sake of this blog, said books shall be known as "Flu" and "Toast." I know. Intriguing. Again, wagers will be taken on which shall be finished in sixty-six days.

3. Omit food as a coping mechanism. In other words, when I am bored, frustrated, angry, unhappy, happy, sleepy, tired, blah, blah, blah, I usually find something to eat, as though the food would make everything better. Instead, it made my thighs bigger, not better. Which made me even more depressed, tired, sleepy ... well, you get the picture. So, in sixty-six days I hope to be doing other things rather than making a potato chip sandwich.

4. Run a half marathon (specifically the NYC half marathon on August 5) in 2 hours and 30 minutes. This will entail cutting about 25 minutes off my best half marathon time. This one scares me.

5. Comfortably wear a size ##. This would be one size smaller than my current snug size, which you also do not know, but will, come August 24.

6. Run two miles without stopping. I can run one, so I am going for two. Maybe this will help shave minutes off the half marathon.

7. Play golf ten times. I currently play at golf. My desire is to get better, to break 100. On nine holes. This goal does not include going to the driving range. It must be a round of nine holes or more, and not on the putt putt range.

8. Finish the front sidewalk project. This involves taking up the old brick, buying and hauling in the new brick, creating a larger space to place the new brick, and laying down the new brick. Does the goal get met if nice people come to help me?

So now you have them. My goals for the next sixty-six days. What are yours?

No comments: