Thursday, June 28, 2007

Day Nine Opening, 57 Still in Rehearsals

Today was one of those days that just sort of slipped by. I accomplished several small bothersome tasks; it just seems each took up time, and now the day has come to an end.

I did get to Curves, and even attempted some modified crunches while waiting for the dermatologist, so technically I worked on a couple of goals. Lynnette and I walked a mile this afternoon, but it started raining, and we bailed. We are dedicated - up to a point.

If I look at the tasks I completed and those still on my to-do list, I have to stop and consider if my eight-goal enthusiasm has taken a hit. It hasn't. Some days there are just many other things that need doing. While I would have liked to started the sidewalk project, or written a couple of stories, or played nine holes of golf, I am content in knowing that I got the dish garden repotted, mailed Maribeth another package, and cleaned up the house a bit.

What did today give me? I feel good about what I did do, not guilty about what I didn't do. It's important for me to focus on all things accomplished for today and not let those "shoulda, coulda, woulda" things steal this day's happiness. If I decide that the worth of any given day is based solely on whether or not I complete a restricted set of goals, then I rob my self of the surprises of the day. Sometimes it's the surprises that are the best part of that day.

I have a set of eight specific goals that I want to accomplish by August 24. I want to work hard towards achieving these goals. I just have to accept the fact that there may be days where other things take precedence, and that's okay.

Today was just an ordinary day - nothing spectacular happened. I took care of business that moved my life along. It was just an ordinary day, and it was good.

No comments: