Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Day Seven in Print; 59 in Planning

What a difference a decent night's sleep makes! I got up this morning, feeling invigorated. After making sure last night's cake was ready to go to work with Steve, I headed out for my 8-mile walk. It went well, although I really have to start stepping up my pace in order to get to that 2 and 30 minute half marathon. After the walk, I went to Curves, trying to work down a clothes size. After lunch, I started on a new goal - GOLF!! I hit some balls on the practice range, then joined Steve for nine holes. My score isn't worth mentioning - let's just say I hit three over par (on every hole, that is). I'm on my way to ten rounds of golf!!

While on the 5th hole, Maribeth called from somewhere in Maine. She's still having a great time, even with split pants!

On the way home from the golf course, Steve had to stop by his office. He called me to tell me that the cake had earned $200 for our walk!

My eating habits weren't too bad, although they weren't too good, either. I had potato salad for lunch and dinner, but that finished it off. I also had last night's planned veggie tray and accompanying dip. The veggies - healthy; the dip - probably not. On the way to get a splitter for the computer, I stopped by McDonald's for a chocolate dipped ice cream cone. I know - it was evil, but it certainly was yummy!

As I sit here thinking about Day Seven, I realize I've been at this for a week. Each day has had it's own accomplishments and viewpoints. Seeing 59 days left feels different than seeing days in the 60s. I suddenly feel a sense of urgency. But I know I have time; I just need to make sure I use every day as best I can.

I started work on a new goal today. I have only one goal left to start - the sidewalk project. But that will probably be the one most quickly finished. My other goals are being worked on - they are just going to take time and effort.

Today was a busy day. I managed to accomplish several things, but they took cooperation from other people. Today I am thankful for these people:

PSI people who gave ate a piece of cake and donated money for an important cause.

Susan, who took charge of the cake and the donations, and gave another donation in addition to her earlier one. She is truly a kind-hearted soul.

Steve, who is a very good golfer, yet plays with me and refrains from hiding my golf clubs before we play again.

Part of achieving a goal is to realize a personal goal often requires the assistance of others. While I work to achieve my own goals, I never want to overlook the contributions of others who help me along the way. God has put people in my path to enrich my life and make it better. Without them, not only would I have difficulty in reaching my goal, but the victory would not be as sweet.

No comments: